Sunday, May 13, 2012

Final reflection. My English progress from 2010 - 2012

The end is near, let's look back! 
My first composition in my old space was "My TV and radio programs favourites". Let's compare that writing with my current compositions.
First difference I see is the comas use: we can see a lot of comas (Example: All this programs, have one thing in common). Nowadays I think I use comas good (more or less)
Other difference is that before in never used relative pronouns. You can't find and relative pronoun in my first composition. Now, I use them a lot (maybe too much)
Third change I can see is the verbal tenses I used. For example: This program imite. Besides, verb "imite" doesn't exists, it should be "mimic" or something similar. 
Sentences constructions has changed too. There are a lot of "strange" sentences (example: This program is one zapping program but is a diferent zapping program) Maybe today I would say "This program is similar to a zapping program" or something similar to that. 
Other change I see is prepositions use. We can see for entertain; it should be "to entertain". Other example: boys in 17, 18.
Apart from linguistic aspects, it's also a topic change. Before I talked about MotoGP, F1, TV programs... Now, I try vary topics and I talk about books, films, reports, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment